Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Special Day

Once every year, comes a special day
Thanking God for all the days that passed
For all the blessings, what can I say?
I’m grateful for the times with my family and friends

This day has been like no other
With a lot of happy saying from my mother
In joyful gladness as a family
My heart is full of glee

I saw a museum full of lovely paintings
I hear an orchestra, wow wow wee!
Filled with colors and music that makes me sing
And in my head an opus saw its birth

To cap the evening, I ate my favorite food
I’m having a joyous day!
The meaning of life I understood
Steadfast and glad shall I be come what may

Today, I grow older and wiser
Thankful to God my Maker!
This joy in my heart is Heaven
To Thee I offer my life now and forever, amen.

*poetry by Nimia Gamo (purple lines), Lovely Abiva (pink lines), Jobert Abiva (blue lines) and Bien Rivera (red lines)

No comments:

Post a Comment